Kia Ora and Hello, Mums, Dads, Caregivers, Families and Whanau!
Welcome to WIS!
Here’s why, we believe, all Year 7 and 8 students in our valley should attend Wainuiomata Intermediate:
- Students at the heart of teaching and learning
- Reflective self review for ongoing improvement
- Achievement focused and needs-based teaching and learning
- A relevant and integrated WIS Curriculum based on NZC & Key Competencies
- Clear expectations and goal setting
- Providing diverse learning opportunities and experiences
- Parents as partners in teaching and learning
- Positive Behaviour for Learning
- A safe, inclusive school culture.
- Committed to meeting the learning and developmental needs of emerging adolescents
- Committed to raising student achievement levels
- Skilled in learning/teaching using digital technologies
- Experienced in teaching 10-14 year olds
- Responsive to and understand the needs, abilities and experiences of this age group
- Committed to ongoing professional learning and reflective practice.
Our students are encouraged to:
- Set goals to achieve their potential
- Engage in Inquiry Learning
- Be life-long learners and leaders
- Seek family and whanau support
- Develop a strong ‘home room’ culture of tolerance and support
- Build positive relationships
- Be environmentally aware.
We also offer many extra opportunities to Year 7 & 8 students, and age-specific teaching and learning resources to meet their specific learning and developmental needs. Read through this Prospectus to find out what other benefits your child will enjoy at the Intermediate. Visit us to see the school.